EMAP, as an independent non-profit organization, fosters excellence and accountability in emergency management and homeland security programs, by establishing credible standards applied in a peer review accreditation process.
Safer communities through measurable standards of excellence for emergency management programs.
EMAP Strategic Plan
EMAP maintains a five year strategic plan that outlines the goals and objectives agreed upon by EMAP's leadership.
The current goals of the plan are:
- Ensure continued credibility and viability of EMAP.
- Ensure Emergency Management Standard is current and relevant.
- Maintain a well-trained Assessor Cadre.
- Pursue local jurisdictions for assessment and accreditation.
- Ensure EMAP is using the most current technology.
- Ensure Sustainability of EMAP.